blogspot counter
Waiting for June
Lifestyle and Daily Shenanigans with a dash of Nerd Appreciation thrown in.
So I’ve decided to take a break from the yearlies to bring back a series that I started early last year and didn’t really pick back up on it as I wished to back then. What am I talking about? Well, I’m talking about Gameventures series. Since it was done so far back (the last post made for the series was back in February of last year), allow me to reintroduce it.

Welcome to Gameventures. Gameventures is a series here on the blog that focuses on my various adventures in gaming (hence the name). This series centres primarily on me reviewing and testing out various different games that I come across whether it be by my own volition, due to Steam, via recommendations by friends and others, or by being sent a game (I wish). In some, hopefully most, cases there will be a gameplay video or several gameplay videos that co-inside with the games I introduce to the blog. You can choose to subscribe to my YouTube channel now or you can just wait until I post the videos here on the blog. Unlike most other series here, Gameventures is not updated by week, but is instead updated either extremely constant or extremely sporadically depending on how busy my life outside of this gets.

Now that we’ve gotten the gist of what this series entails out of the way, today we mark and reboot the series Gameventures with the game Cook, Serve, and Delicious!. First impressions, first basis review, and a video await you past the jump.
Note: This post contains my personal opinions and no one else’s. I was in no way, shape, or form coerced nor offered any form of payment (be it monetary or whatever). This post contains footage and imagery that is credited to the creators of this game as well as footage recorded by myself for the sake of fun and sharing experience. There is no attempt to stealing nor avoiding copyrighting and all appropriate credits and copyright information can be found at the video’s main page and in text underneath the video as posted here.


Cook, Serve, Delicious!: Part 1 of my attempt to defeat the game.
R E C O R D E D — With Camtasia Studio 8.
T I M E T A K E N — 24 minutes, 29 seconds.
G A M E D A Y S — 2 thru 4. (Day 1 is counted when you complete the tutorial)
G A M E M U S I C — Shuffled Two Door Cinema Club iTunes Playlist.
Y A S U ! N O T E S — I failed so terribly at first. I wasn’t accustomed to having to move so fast across the keyboard in game, so it was a bit of a shock when rush hour came on by. I also kept mixing up the keys. I’m such a dork. Enjoy!


Cook, Serve, Delicious!: The Steam trailer for the game, Cook, Serve, Delicious! courtesy of GamesNexxt.
Cook, Serve, Delicious!, created by Vertigo Gaming, is described as “a hardcore restaurant sim, one of the few in its genre that gives the players total control over where they want to take their restaurant”. The game centers on an old, worn down restaurant in the SherriSoda Tower, which was once the heart of the building but closed down as business (and tenants) dropped to an all time low. But with the local economy rising back up and occupancy reaching its maximum, SherriSoda Tower has decided to bring back the old Cook, Serve, Delicious restaurant, and has given you complete control to bring it back to its old five star status of world class dining.

Promo Picture: A picture of the startup of the game of a three star restuarant taken from the Steam page for Cook, Serve, Delicious!.
When I first heard about Cook, Serve, Delicious!, it was from scrolling through my YouTube feed. The amazing Nerd³ had a recent video in which he played this game. I won’t lie, initially, I had expected this game to be a bit like a knock off of the game Diner Dash (if you’ve never played that game, shame on you) so I openly admit that I didn’t have high hopes. Nonetheless, I sucked it up and went ahead and clicked on the video. By the end of the video, I was a bit intrigued and yet, still wary. It should be noted that I am ungodly awful with how picky I am when it comes to gaming and what games I pick to play and eight times out of ten, I will not play a game that I am even the slightest bit wary of.

Going against my judgment for the first time in a rather long time, I went ahead and got this game. Before we move forward, another thing that should be noted is that I love restaurant sim games. Diner Dash is one of my favourite restaurant sim games. To be quite frank, I love sim games in general and so despite the wariness I was incredibly excited to to at least get my hands on the game. That being said, what I expected wasn’t what I got and that is absolutely lovely.

Unlike a lot of restuarant sims, including Diner Dash, Cook, Serve, and Delicious is a rather thought provoking game. More than anything, it takes a lot of strategy and a lot of financial stability understanding. I appreciate that you are only allotted a few thousand dollars at the beginning of the game and only earn up to about 200$ - 300$ per day (I’m pretty sure it increases later on in the game). I also absolutely adore the fact that you actually have to work to succeed in this game. You have to make sure that the meals you’ve purchased that are Menu Rots are removed before the two day mark or you lose a good amount of buzz. You have to manage taking orders with cleaning and in some cases, you have to decide which is more important and how fast you can do each. You deal with one of the most intense rush hours I’ve ever come across in this type of game. More than just a simple restaurant sim, it does really make you think.

I also find that you get emails, some completely random and some important, in the game. It gives it a sense of modernisation that, I feel, isn’t really in games as much anymore. Of course games are modern, but sometimes I do miss when a game was only limited to a certain amount of modernisation so that there was still that sense of awe at what lie outside of the game world. Also, some of the emails you get are so hilarious and are the perfect examples of what spam emails genuinely are. Another thing that really makes me laugh and is an amazing little thing in this game is the fact that you get random emails from this guy named Crazy Dave (no joke) who bets calls you out your abilites as a cook and makes bets with you. As it’s still pretty early on in the game for me, the bets have been rather simple, and it’s just a good bit of fun to have while getting some extra cash.

The only downside I can think of is the fact that it will take quite a bit of time to finish the game. Now, this isn’t necessarily a downside to me, but I can understand why and where people may have a problem with this. For example, in order to get your restaurant to achieve one star, one of the requirements is to go through 20 days. Again, this seems outrageous to some people, but honestly, I love it. I love that it’s giving me a reason to play rather than making it extremely easy on me.

Since I am currently in the early stages of the game, I will not classify this as my final opinion. Until I finish the game, any opinion I give on this game is not final. That being said, so far? I’m having fun. I’m fucking up orders. I’m swearing at my screen. And really, isn’t that the joys of gaming?

On a side note, I didn’t make mentions about the keyboard aspect of the game and how it panels over the entire keyboard because you can make it easier on yourself by going ahead and changing the keys to suit your fancy. However, the original setup for the keyboard, for the most part, is fun and adds to the intensity and overall hardness of the game.

If you want to join me in playing Cook, Serve, Delicious! and wish to play it on PC like I do, you can purchase it on Steam for 9.99$ (and add me on Steam at acatalepsic we can has fun together). You can also get in on your Apple device for 4.99$ by clicking here (it does not support the first generation of iPads, unfortunately) or on your Android device for 3.99$ by clicking here.


So that’s it folks. Are you intrigued by this game and plan on enjoying me? Is there a game you think I must play? If so, drop me a comment with your recommendations and let’s have a chat. Until next time, darlings! ❤

Labels: , , , , , , , ,